Sunday, May 23, 2021
“And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail.” (Luke 16:17) As the Resurrected King, God’s Messiah and our Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ has given us some of the most important statements concerning the authority and nature of the Word of God, I offer you today five (5) statements that assure us of the truth in God’s Word.
- Jesus confirms the truth that every word of the Scriptures is given by God. He goes so far as to make direct reference to the smallest letter. There is no room for debate. Jesus believed and taught the plenary verbal inspiration of the Bible – that every word is God-breathed.
- He insists that anyone who teaches anything running at cross-purposes with the Scriptures is not in harmony with His kingdom order.
- He says that Scripture cannot be broken. He literally describes the utter inviolability of God’s Word from man’s side and the utter dependability of if from God’s side.
- Jesus affirms the credulity of the OT in general, but also of the miracles of the OT.
- Jesus forecast and authorized the writing of the NT Scriptures. he indicated that the coming ministry of the Holy Spirit would include His bringing to the apostles’ minds the things that should afterward be recorded. His anticipation of that ministry not only places His endorsement upon that facet of their apostolic mission, it also indirectly affects His closure of the canon of Scripture following the completion of this task.
You are loved, Pastor Don